Improve your administrative and business skills and earn a Certificate in Managing Health Services Programs and Projects. This 18-credit, interdisciplinary program emphasizes grant and research project management, and is designed to educate health service workers in the areas of sociology, communications, public administration, and management.
The program is applicable to positions such as health project manager, health administration director, health program director, and medical office manager. Students who successfully complete this certificate may apply the credits earned to an undergraduate degree at the University of Pittsburgh College of General Studies (CGS).
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- manage health services research projects, grants, contracts, and finances;
- demonstrate the skills necessary to assume an administrative or managerial role in a health care organization;
- apply organizational theory and concepts to health care facilities; and
- analyze how physical, social, and cultural factors may help or hinder communication about health care needs.
Who should enroll:
- Health care workers who have been charged with, or would like to take on, management of grants and research projects
- Public and community health workers who seek an understanding of how physical, social, and cultural factors may help or hinder communication about health care needs
- Health care employees looking to take on leadership roles in the workplace
Students must meet the requirements for admission to the College of General Studies. A certificate application must be completed and returned to the College of General Studies.
Obtaining the certificate
To receive the certificate, you must fill out an application with your advisor prior to completing your last term in the program. Check with your advisor for the application form and filing deadline, and be sure all requirements for the certificate have been met. To avoid a late fee, you should complete this process when registering for the term.
Additional CGS programs offered in this field: