Visual literacy is becoming increasingly essential in this digital era. The 18-credit Certificate in Digital Media will help you understand the power of visual images to communicate with audiences. In addition, it will provide inspiration to conceive of these images and how to manipulate technology to bring these images to life, all within the context of traditional and emerging media careers. Students have the opportunity to take courses at Pittsburgh Filmmakers and participate in a unique internship with Pitt Panther TV.
Admission and Application Requirements
Students must meet College of General Studies certificate application requirements and complete an application form online. To avoid a late fee, you should complete the application process when registering for courses and prior to completing your last term in the program. For more information, visit http://www.cgs.pitt.edu/admissions or see a CGS advisor.
Who should participate:
- Professionals operating in multimedia environments
- Individuals responsible for e-commerce efforts
- People interested in producing content for online publications and sites, films, documentaries, etc.
Upon completion of this certificate, participants will be able to:
- Understand how concepts, design, and technology work together to communicate with mass audiences
- Design, create, and manipulate digital communication vehicles
- Understand the importance of visual and textual communication in maintaining organizational success
- Produce engaging interactive programs, such as for training or sales purposes
This certificate is applicable to such fields as interactive online training; 3-D animation; electronic catalogs; DVDs for sales, marketing, or training purposes; multimedia businesses; and general e-commerce.