The nonprofit field is growing, and so are the demands for the services nonprofits provide. In the last 10 years, 500 new organizations have been established in the Pittsburgh area alone. The growth of nonprofits means that various positions within these organizations will need to be filled by qualified individuals.
The right education is critical to demonstrating your qualifications to prospective employers. A Certificate in Nonprofit Management, alone or coupled with an appropriate bachelor’s or advanced degree, will aid in your quest for employment by or promotion within a nonprofit organization.
Students who successfully complete this certificate may apply the credits to an undergraduate degree in public service at the University of Pittsburgh College of General Studies.
Who should enroll:
- Professionals with public relations experience
- Professionals with an interest in fundraising
- Professionals with a background in program development
- Professionals with knowledge of marketing and advertising
- Recent graduates or current students who wish to pursue a careerin the nonprofit field
- Undergraduate degree-seeking students who wish to have an intermediate credential
- Technology workers
- Public service majors
- Entrepreneurs who wish to start a nonprofit
Upon completion of this certificate, participants will be able to:
- organize, manage, or supervise a nonprofit organization;
- hire and train an efficient staff;
- understand the structural and financial issues unique to nonprofits;
- effectively raise revenue through fundraising; and
- write grant proposals.
This certificate is applicable to positions such as grant writers, fundraisers, development officers, accountants, information technology workers, and office managers.
Students must meet requirements for admission to the College of General Studies. A certificate application must be completed. To avoid a late fee, you should complete this process when registering for courses.